Bolton VS Liverpool: Match Review

A touch of genius from Torres and a well-taken shot by
Maxi are all it take to get Maxi-mum points from an intriguing
but scrappy match between Bolton and Liverpool on Sunday.
Like what Carragher said in the post-match interview, the Reds
were fortunate to take all 3 points in the match. Regardless of
what happened on the field, 3 points in the bag is as good as what
it can be as it moved us to 12th in the league table.
Get all the 3 points we can!

I wasn't pleased with the team selection when I saw that
Maxi is still in the same team which beat Blackburn last week,
as I felt that Jovanovic should be given a start at the left-wing
and move Cole to the right side. Maxi proved me wrong this time,
and I welcome such a move if it happens in every match. I am
still not convince that he is the right person at the right-wing
before Kuyt emerges from injury, and he is definitely not the
"New Romario" as commented by our very own Brazilian Lucas.
He is welcome to prove me wrong again, but I will stand by
my view at the moment.

In my match preview, I will expecting Kyrgiakos to tower over
Davies, but I was quite disappointed that it did not happen as
expected. Davies played well and was unlucky not to score
on multiple occasions amid the penalty shouts from the Bolton
players. Torres is still not at his best yet but he should still
buried the one-to-one opportunity that he had during the match.
Nevertheless, his sparks of genius created the goal and he is
on the right path back to his very best.

In my opinion, Liverpool need to beef up the midfield during
the January transfer window as I don't see our midfielders
dominating the match and it is a worrying scene. We have
been linked with many players like Steven Defour, Marko Marin,
Juan Mata etc, but what I would like to see is someone
like Chelsea's Michael Essien or Mascherano back then and
even Lionel Messi. By the way, Marko Marin has been hailed
as Germany Lionel Messi, and we shall see whether
Hodgson can secure his signature on January.

Liverpool next 5 league matches will be:
Nov 7   Liverpool vs Chelsea
Nov 10 Wigan vs Liverpool
Nov 13 Stoke vs Liverpool
Nov 20 Liverpool vs West Ham
Nov 28 Spurs vs Liverpool
In-between the league matches, Liverpool will have Europa games
and will face Napoli this Friday.
The following 5 matches are all tough matches, and I am
expecting 11-13 points from the matches if we play with
the same attitude and strength against Blackburn and Bolton.

Recent back-to-back winners' momentum should be the essential
impetus to beat Napoli this Friday and Chelsea on Sunday.
We should be back in the Top 4 VERY soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment